Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp Pro Desktop Theme Changed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky606

Ricky606

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

The color of my task bar and menu has changed from the usual blue to gray.Going into display properties >themes shows "Windows XP (modified)" as my theme instead of 'Windows XP".under Appearance>Color Scheme I cant find the Default Blue.Can anyone please let me know how I can get back the blue background color for my desktop?Is there a registry adjustment that I can do to get it back---I am comfortable in dealing with regedit.My Avast 4.8 Home Edition says there is no virus---I also use Spybot S&D,Superantispyware, Malewarebytes Anti-Maleware, they all report clear.Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

Open the display properties, click the Appearance tab, and then change the color scheme there.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 Ricky606

Ricky606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

As I said there is no Default Blue in Appearance>Color Scheme---went into WINDOWS>Resources>Themes---there is only luna theme and Windows Classic theme---there is no Windows XP theme here---can this be the problem?Windows XP Theme file has somehow become deleted..also in Document and Settings>User>Application Data>Microsoft>Windows>Themes there is a file named Custom.theme ---is this file changing the color background of the task bar and menu?

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

Those folders look fine. I compared them with my own computer and they match exactly. The custom.theme is the settings that have your screensaver and desktop background, so no, this doesn't change the task bar and menu colors.

unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 Ricky606

Ricky606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

thank you so much aommaster for taking your time to go through my computer problem---the problem has been solved by going into Services and setting the Themes service to automatic---coming back to Display Properties i found the "missing" Windows XP theme back and set it along with the default blue color----thanks so much again for your kind attention----cheers!

#6 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

Haha no problem! I'm wondering how it got changed in the first place :thumbsup:

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users