I fear my brain is becoming scrambled with this problem.
I have built a couple of web sites the menus of which use gif images in the shape of little black arrows to indicate a sub menu. Using Internet Explorer 7, yesterday I noticed on both sites Red X's appearing instead of the arrows. The sites areMidlands & Northern Ridgeback ResueMwenga Rhodesian Ridgebacks
The menus for both these sites are by Milonic
. Knowing that the arrow gifs were hosted on a their server I assumed that they had perhaps moved the gifs to a different location. I thought I may just as well uploady the arrow gif to the server hosting the Midlands & Northern Ridgeback Rescue Site which would should cure the problem, and it did. The Mwenga Rhodesian Ridgebacks Site still has it's arrow gifs hosted at Milonic
and for that site I still see the red x's.
However, on my wife's computer she sees the arrow gif's as they should be on both sites, so logically I should on my own computer. I appreciate the easy way out is to upload the gif to the Mwenga Rhodesian Ridgebacks server also, but why on one computer does it not seem to matter where the Gif is hosted yet on another it does.
I have tested both sites on my computer in Firefox and Opera also. All is well at the Midlands & Northern Site but at the Mwenga Rhodesian Ridgeback Site instead of arrow gifs, in Firefox I see nothing in their place and Opera the word "image" appears.
I am running
Win XP Home Edition SP2,
Avg 8.0 Free,
Spyware Blaster 4.1 which is up to date
Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2
Sygate Personal Firewall.
I did run a Windows Live Scan a couple of days back which cleaned up my registry! However, I think the sites were running OK after that but not 100% sure.
I would be grateful if someone could provide an explanation and solution to this problem.
Thanks for listening