Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Something Wrong With My Graphics Card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HugeFireman

HugeFireman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

I've been trying to unclock my EVGA 8600gt on my XP part( I have dual boot), But it still doesn't go back to default(on ATI tool) and the 3D low power is at 0 core and 0 memory. Also I get ALOT of artifacts on it.
(I'll get this in too)
When I try to play Oblivion elder scrolls(On my Vista ultimate part), it works fine until I get to the part of making my characater I get alot of weird lines going horizontaly on my computer and different colors too. What is the problem? What can I do to fix this? Can anybody please help, I won't Overclock or anything anymore. Just please I want to play a game without my computer freezing up and restarting :thumbsup:!

Specs:

Intel Pentium D 2.8 ghz
Corsair 2gb
evga 8600gt
250gb

Edited by HugeFireman, 02 August 2008 - 09:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

What nVidia drivers are you running? Make sure you have installled the latest WHQL drivers, which are the 175.19 for your card. That should help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

Make sure you uninstall the old drivers from add/remove programs and install the new ones in safe mode.
A+, Net+, MCP 270, 290

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users