Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfer Rates Of Downloads

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cowboy69

Cowboy69

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

I'm probally asking the impossible here but I have seen some very inteligent post from people around here so thought I'd give it a shot , I live way out in the country when I asked about DSL or Cable the phone company laughed at me and said as far out as I am I'm lucky to have a phone .... anyways I'm on dial up and prolly the worse dial up ever, when I first got online about 6 years ago my best connection was 24 kbps well after a lot of constant complaining the phone comp finally ran me a new line and it did elimenate my line noise problem and gave me better connection, now days I connect at 28.8kbps some days I manage to hit 31.2kbps , so my downloading has always been horrible to say the least and I gave up trying to improve it I have ran the test at PC Pitstop and my upload speed has always been about what the number should be but dl's were always way off from what should be , on avg I get 2.0kbs transfer rate sometimes a lil more sometimes alot less , Now the last week I have been updating and uninstalling things on my pc and after uninstalling a few programs I suddenly got a great boost in transfer rate as high as 14kbs b4 stablizing at anywhere from 3.5kbs to 5.kbs those speeds make me feel like I have dsl lol , the night I noticed the big improvement was after uninstalling Snag it screen capture porgram , once I noticed the increase in dl transfer rate I created it a system restore point , everything stayed the same for a few days and about 4 days after the improvement I was back to being as slow as mollasses avg.2.0 or less , the only thing I have done since getting better transfer rate was uninstall logitech web cam now I dl stuff daily and once I got the better dl transfer rate I kept it for several days and dl'ed at all times of day and night , so to me since it lasted for days tells me it wasnt a one time deal and just caught it right with no net traffic or something like that day or night i was getting 3.5 to 5.0 kbs, now I'm back to 2.0 or less . Anyone have any ideas or wanna try and tackle this? I'd appreciate any help Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users