Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech V20 Laptop Speakers Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ottawa_peggy

ottawa_peggy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

I had an ancient Acer Aspire laptop and the Logitech V20s worked just fine, plug and play. I just bought a HP Pavilion laptop (running Vista Home Premium) and when I plug the speakers in, I get the message the hardware attached to the computer has "malfunctioned" and the computer doesn't recognize it. I tried going into the Control panel Sound function but the speakers aren't listed there as a choice. What else can I do? Is this a Vista problem, do you think?
Thanks for any advice you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

Could be a vista problem for sure since the speakers were working fine on the previous computer. Try performing a windows vista update and see if that helps solve your issue. You can also try testing another set of speakers if you have one or borrow a friend's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users