Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

program removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taipanjon

taipanjon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:07 PM

i can not remove a program,etomi pro from my com.it tells me it is being used by another program.closed all i can but still no joy,can anyone help me with this problem please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mipsacri

Mipsacri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:26 PM

Well, my suggestion would be to shut down the computer and start it up in Safe Mode, then uninstall the program like that.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

I agree, since safe mode is designed to run the bare minmum of processes,and it is possible the one running that prevents the uninstall may not be running in safe mode, making the uninstall work for you.

If it still doesn't uninstall, it's probably malware involved.
In that case read here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-post-a-hijackthis-log/
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users