Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Facebook On Linksys Wrt300n

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HCRDAN

HCRDAN

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hello all,

Background: WRT300N V1, running 1.03.6 firmware (latest version available)

I have successfully been able to create rules that blocks all internet access for certain MAC addresses (my kids PCs) from 11PM to 6AM Sunday-Friday (school nights).

I am now trying to set up a rule that blocks access to Facebook during certain hours of the day, 9AM to 4PM to be specific. I've not been able to block Facebook however.

I've tried by creating a rule that blocks by URL and entered "www.facebook.com" under ACCESS RESTRICTIONS > INTERNET ACCESS POLICY > WEBSITE BLOCKING BY URL ADDRESS, and I've also tried by "website blocking by keyword" with "Facebook" as the key word, and cominations of both of these, but I am still able to access facebook, even after power recycling the router after saving the new config, and ensuring that the rule is enabled from the Summary screen.

I've tried this in its most simple form to eliminate conflicts with other rules so, in this case, not applying any MAC address restrictions or day/time restriction. If I can successfully get it to block facebook always for all PCs, then I can fine tune the rule to restrict days/times/MACs. Help... What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

DG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users