Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Gpu On Dell Laptops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

This is simply to provide a link for customers like myself who may need to update
the Bios on their PC's. My 1720 is not on the official list. Hopefully due to my system
not needing it.

The link from Dell regarding the affect laptops and their Nvidia GPU pairing are listed below.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/200...top-owners.aspx

This is not a suggestion or an opportunity for Trolls to lash out.
This is merely and FYI.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FatFurby

FatFurby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

The most effected are the XPS M1330s. All the BIOS uodate is going to do is make the fans run longer/faster. Its not going to resolve the actual issue which is to do with the solder balls on the BGA chips. Microsoft had an identical problem with the Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users