Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

R Html Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 steam

steam

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

hi all i just got a new comp and decided to install windows xp 64 bit on it and i did but then after some updates i couldn't access my acounts from control panel and whenver i tried it would give me and error of something like r html error and if i wanted to send it to microsoft or not please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:40 AM

Would please post the exact error message.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 steam07

steam07

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

windows has encountered an [r] [html] error and needs to close
its somewhere along these lines also it has 2 options at the bottom don't send and send

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 steam07

steam07

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

Posted Image This is the pic of the error Here is th eevent id 7036 but it doesn't have the red dot with the white x inside of it

Edited by steam07, 02 August 2008 - 12:17 PM.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hello steam07

The screanshot just tells us that the system has encountered an error while opening user accounts. The event viewer should give more information on the problem.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Additional detail would also have been viewable...if you had clicked on the "click here" in the error screen when it appeared.

Louis

#8 steam07

steam07

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

this is the pic of when i clik the clik here thing Posted Image also to look up the event id i went into the controlpanel to bring up the error purposely and noted the time for 1:18 but now its like 5:30 and the event didn't show up int he event viewer

Edited by steam07, 02 August 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

OK...I know you're going to hate me for this...see that "click here" that provides the technical info? That's the useful part, IMO.

It will consist of bunch of numbers which have letters/words at the far right and the words will not be properly cut off at the end of the line. If you ignore the numbers and manage to just get all the letters in one continuous message, it provides detail which I've found useful in similar instances.

Louis

#10 steam07

steam07

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image here it is again now with the technical info

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

OK...a little reading points to the mshta.exe file, a text file re aopcompat (which seems to be related to MS.NET).

One view: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1845

Other Google links, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%...ed+a+problem%22

I certainly cannot tell you whether it's just a system bug caused by a corrupt file...or whether it merits treatment as suggested in the Spybot forum.

If it were me and I had any suspicion about it...I'd post any pertinent info at: BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If they tell me positively yea or nay, that's one step closer to peace of mind.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users