Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 slave

slave

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

I am currently using a laptop as my desktop computer just got hit with viruses and won't start. Therefore I hooked this laptop to my internet to use it until the other is fixed. Now I am having problems with the laptop as well. I can start it up and everything but when I go to some websites I will get redirected. For a specific example: I go to <www.dressupchallenge.com>, the page will come up as it normally does and then it flashes to another page. At the very top by the IE logo it says Gateway Search Page. The address bar then contains various websites (usually starting with <www.google.com/gateway/> and the rest is different everytime. The first line on the page usually says "Gateway" then has space to put in search criteria and says powered by Google. The next line says: " Sorry, we couldn't find <http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/duc.makeovers/%3Bpage><http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/duc.makeovers/%3Bpage>. Here are some related websites: and then proceeds with a list of advertisement sites. This has happened also with myspace, Comcast website and CNN website. I have Trend Micro antivirus program and did a full scan and it found nothing. I also did a full scan with Spysweeper and it found nothing as well. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on this computer. All my windows updates are installed. Also I did a system restore and it fixed the problem for about 10 minutes and then it started again. Please help!! I feel like I am being bombarded with viruses and shouldn't be. This is the second computer I have had problems with. Please respond quickly. I would do a screenshot of the page it keeps taking me to but I don't know how to do that.

[Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum.jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 01 August 2008 - 07:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users