Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Bar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:34 AM

It have been using IE and on my start page when I would be working on two sites/pages (whatever it would be called??) I would minimize one go to the other then when done there minimize that one and go to the first minimized in the task bar maxamize make changes edit etc. and just keep doing that back and forth worked well for me. But now only I can only have one minimized in the task bar at a time and it is making making these changes and editing a real pain....any help would be very much appreciated. Other than change to a different browser I am happy with my set up on/with IE for now.

Thanks so much in advance,
La Princess

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keithy397

keithy397

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

The next version of IE will have tabbed browsing which will eradicate the need to keep minimizing and maximizing, you just click on a tab.

There are other IE based browsers around with tabbed browsing and in my opinion safer than IE too. Slim Browser has lots more functions than IE with a plethora of privacy and other functions and you can access Windows Updates without opening IE. Maxthon is quite similar.

However, I'm a Firefox fanatic!
Cheers

Keith

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

Firefox is a great web browser to use that you don't have tto minimize you can have more then one in a single window.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

If you look at your Taskbar properties you don't have 'Group similar taskbar buttons' ticked do you? This would put all your IE tasks into the same button which might be what you're seeing. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users