Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Accses Internet With D Link Di 524 Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supersquaw

supersquaw

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

I got a d link wireless router for my psp. When I hook it up according to the instructions, I can't acsess the internet through the computer that it is wired through, so I can't configure it for my psp.

I ran the wizard for setting up a home network but it still doesnt work. The status light blinks, the power light is solid, the wan, wlan and 1 light flash like a strobe. I can't get to any web sites, firewall is turned off too. What the hell? Should I execute it with a 12 lb sledgehammer?
Take what you can, give back nothing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hey supersquaw,

It could be a number of things based on your post. A bit more info would be useful:

1. Is the router showing on your PC i.e. can you see it on your device manager?

2. Is it showing any connectivity at all? like 'limited or no connectivity' alerts?

3. Any other unusual or new alerts you may have been getting?

Normally, when you install a router you get two types of instructions 'Quick and dirty' and the full manual. Often the quick set up misses out vital steps like configuring the workgroup and so on. It may be useful to look through the full instructions to see if you've missed a step.

#3 supersquaw

supersquaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

too late, it's been executed with a fire extinguisher. too much dns and aids for me to f*ck around with, and I know quite about about c*ntputers. it's not worth the stress just to play socom on the dot com
Take what you can, give back nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users