Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Instant Messaging Issue (seems To Be Cross Platform/client)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 packersman6789

packersman6789

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

I am using AIM on my home computer for an instant messaging client, and pidgin at work on a Solaris box. Recently, I received an IM from a buddy who asked me why she cannot see my screen name as available in her iChat program on her mac. I confirmed I was not in an invisible state.

A few days later, the same thing happened, except this time it was reversed, I could not see a friend who had IMmed me from work (this is a different friend mind you, and on a Solaris machine. So the next day, I went in to work, keeping my home computer logged in to AOL Instant Messenger. Sure enough, his pidgin client could not see my screen name. I then proceeded to walk over to my computer and log in to my screen name through the pidgin client, and it told me that my screen name was online twice. Does anyone know whats going on here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users