Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Profiles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

:thumbsup: Well, I have no idea how this could have happened. Maybe due to the fact that I was places I shouldn't have been when I was really, really new at this. I need to try and find a solution but can't find any info. It looks like there are 4 accts. not including the administrator's.

1) (one of my names).Dell svc tag # This is a folder in Documents and Settings, 27.0 MB but not in User Accts.

2) (another one of my names) as Administrator 202 MB in the User Accts.
Same name in User Profiles though they give me an initial instead of my middle name which is in User Accts.

3) (yet another of my names) also as Administrator in User Accts. Went into User Accts. and tho it says Administrator, I go into change acct. type and the option for changing my account is grayed out

4) In User Profiles there is an Account Unknown 8.79 MB
Service Tag#\Administrator 202 MB
Service Tag#\my name with initial 118 MB

This is as clear as I could make it. It looks a mess and I would like to clear it up once & for all. Also in the Event Viewer (Application view), I get a warning message every day I'm on the system with an Event ID 1517 Userenv.

Log says:
Windows saved user service tag#\ my name with the initial registry while an application or service was still using the registry during logoff. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the Local Service or Network Service Account.

:flowers: What? I always logoff appropriately I thought--close any programs then logoff and shut down. I don't understand what services can be running as a user account and have no idea how I'd find that info. Can you help?????

"Music expresses that which cannot be said
and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Were you turning things off and on in Services at all? Do you use Fast User Switching?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yes, at one time I WAS turning some services on that was off. In fact, I was just about to look in there again now that I know a little more and see how it looked. No I do not use fast switching. I'm confused about what Microsoft says about not running your system as an administrator. They say for safety reasons. I tried at one time to use fast switching and I had one acct as an administrative acct. and one for me when I go on websites. But because I was doing so many tweaks trying to get my system the way I wanted it, I was switching back and forth all the time. But I have since learned about key loggers and I'm concerned that maybe I should set it up that way again. BUT, doing that got me in the trouble that I see with all those accts. I know quite a bit more but without a clear and concise way to set it up properly I've been hesitant to go in there. If you could help, that would be great. I'm going to San Diego tomorrow so I'll check this evening and try to do it before I leave. If not, I'll be back next Sat. BTW, I absolutely love your picture and the dog at the computer. Thanks.

-Victor Hugo

#4 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

I'm back from vacation and I would like to get this problem resolved. Could someone help me please?

-Victor Hugo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users