Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is The Best Gaming Pc For The Buck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greatertater

greatertater

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

I need advice bcause I have a limited budget for this but the only game I usually play is Pirates of the Caribbean Online which has serious lag problems with the PC I have now. I have Zotac Nvidia GEForce 7300 GT with 256 MB DDR2 memory and I have about 35% of my pc usage running. I would like something that performs at least as well as this but that computer is not a gaming pc, obviously, and I think I want one if it will save me money by purchasing a PC primarily devoted to gaming.

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

I don't know much about this game, but it seems to have low system requirements. You could probably throw in a new graphics card for cheap, and some new ram, and it will run a lot better. If you can give me the model number of your pc, and/or the system specifications, i can help you out more.

If you don't want to upgrade, and just get a new computer though, I can help you with that too. just let me know what your price range is.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

depending on the budget I would suggest the RAM and GPU as well, but make sure to check if your power supply can handle the upgrade. Also what is the speed of your network card. 10Base-T or less is worth upgrading as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users