Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't See My Work In Coreldraw12

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Extrodewise

Extrodewise

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hi all,
I've recently been having a silly kinda problem in Corel Draw 12. When I try zooming or after minimizing my CorelDraw window and restoring it, I just can't see my work any longer. All efforts to rectify this (including re-installing the application) have proved abortive. At times when I undo (Ctrl+Z) my work comes on but when I try zooming again, it disappears again. Oh, one more thing, I've noticed this same problem on a CorelDraw13 on another system. Help needed please...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hi Extrodewise.
This could be a toughy. Lots of people experiencing the same problem with different versions.
Corel "thinks" this is a mouseware\mouse driver issue. It also happens in notebooks with the touchpad.
Some things you can try first before messing with the mouse drivers if you haven't already.

1. Install service pack 1 full upgrade, available here.
8th one down for English. (requires original install disk too) :thumbsup:
2. Reset defaults, procedure below:

Corrupt workspaces may lead to problems with the operability of the application and in some circumstances can prevent the application from launching. To restore default settings in CorelDRAW and PHOTO-PAINT, do the following:

Hold down the F8 key on the keyboard.
With the F8 key depressed, launch either CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT
The following message will appear:
Are you sure you want to overwrite the workspace with the factory defaults?
Click Yes and release the F8 key.
Note: Some newer keyboards have an "F Lock" key that must be pressed first to activate the Function keys on the keyboard.

3. Slow mousing speed down.
4. Reduce HW Acceleration.
5. Kill any apps running while using the program. (may be interfering)
6. If all the above fails, update mouse drivers or if you have extra mouseware running, disable it.
Convoluted list, I know. All recommendations are from Corel.

Edited by HitSquad, 31 July 2008 - 09:32 AM.

#3 Extrodewise

Extrodewise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Mate, I'll try that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users