Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Linda Bowliing

Linda Bowliing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

:huh: When I connect to the internet through my wireless card, it only takes about 2 minutes till it shuts me off and goes to local internet only. When it does this Internet Explorer does not respond. what do I do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

Greetings Linda Bowliing,

And welcome to the confusing and sometimes painful world of Wi-Fi. Several things
can cause the issue to which you're referring to, but don't let this be intimidating.

The first solution should be to contact the Manufacturer of the wireless product and
ask them what they recommend. You may also install a different wireless card to
confirm that your wireless card is Not the issue.

If you don't see any error, however, I might suggest looking at settings on the
Access Point/Router.

Please keep in mind that the card is trying to "Talk" to or communicate with a wireless
Access Point/Wireless Router. The issue you're describing can be caused by settings in
either device (your card or the access point).

Despite the obvious, you may want to read the manual for your Access Point and wi-fi
card.

You may want to try the XP/Vista Knowledge base search at :
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

Type the following:
Wireless Network Troubleshooting

or similar and this will provide many helpful suggestions for fixing your wireless network issues.

I hope this helps

Edited by RandomUser, 31 July 2008 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users