Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keith C

keith C

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

I was adjusting a key in Regedit and noticed a key entry for CO7ft5Y. I ran a scan with Adware2008 SUPERantispyware and found Co7@tracking cookie. I did a Google search on CO7ft5y and got a couple different opinions if it's spyware or not. Can some one give me an answer if I should delete the registry key or not. Thanks
Keith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Hi Keith! Welcome to BC.. :thumbsup:

Apparently, it's associated with the demand-start SafeDisc driver which ships with XP and, no, it shouldn't be deleted.

The folder c07ft5 is a valid Windows reg key, many apps will place values in that key, be careful what you delete cause a valid program may break if delete its value. That key is often used by copyright protected cds and dvds.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/61426...eg-cleaner.html

I would definitely leave it alone, it's legitimate.

#3 keith C

keith C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hi. Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure after googling it. I will leave it alone. Thanks again Keith

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users