Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Problems With Inspiron 8600

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phil123

phil123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hello,
I am new to this forum and can use your help with a screen problem on my computer
Dell Inspiron 8600
The video adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo
Chip Type: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series AGP
Dac Type: Internal DAC (400Mhz)
Memory size: 128 MB
Adapter string: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo
Bios Information: 113-A23705-103
Driver version: 6.14.10.6525(latest drivers from Dell's website)

My problem occurs some times and not all the time. Rebooting sometimes resolves the issue , but not all the time. A few blue streaks appear across the desktop. The powder blue shading also occurs in other Mircosoft windows, otherwise the computer functions fine. Is this a hardware or software problem? Is it a a video adapter problem or some other hardware issue?

Any suggestions for solving this problem would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

Could be a videocard problem and maybe a signal that the onboard video on the laptop is dying. Here is what I recommend, plug an external monitor to the VGA port on the laptop and see if you still get the lines on the external monitor. If so, then the laptop videocard is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users