Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Warning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

Message from my Guest Book

El Tel
30 July 21:08

(http://PicturesInPastels.spaces.live.com/)

Hi... To all who use MSN

URGENT WARNING

Someone is SPOOFING MSN... A Spawn Eyed Low Life B%$^*!~ is using your MSN contact list sending you an MSN, he appears on-line leaves a link with you name in it; then goes off-line almost straight away.

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK you have been warned...

Regards

El Tel
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, I have seen a lot of that before. One of my friends computers was infected and it would do this.

It would be like "This picture is so cool!" and it would give you a download link.

In my experience this is what you should keep in mind;

IF SOME ONE SENDS YOU SOMETHING OUT OF THE BLUE ON WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER RESPOND AND SAY SOMETHING IF THEIR IS NO RESPONSE !!DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!! THAT IS BEGGING FOR TROUBLE.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 30 July 2008 - 05:18 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

My sister has this virus, she scanned with AVG 8.0, spybot, and ad-adware, and nothing had been found, anyone know any idea's on how to get rid of it?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Please do not post requests for help with possible infections described in this thread.

Create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.
Follow the directions in that forum to get your assistance. Any further posts for help in this thread will be deleted without further notification.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

I had a few friends infected with this virus. These are the two ways I knew if it was real or not. Ask the person "Is this safe? Did you send it?" If they don't respond or say no... well then common sense dictates that you don't check it out anyways.

Plus if your friends are mostly French (Like me :thumbsup:) and it says "CHECK THIS OUT! www.badlink.net" well I can be pretty sure it ain't them :flowers: Why would they tell me in English?

#6 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

Well, I also infected with this virus, I scanned using ad-adware but nothing had been found.

#7 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Can I just say congratulations to Animal on his 5,000th post.

As for dodgy links, you'd think that anyone on this forum would know to stay away from them.

Although that Angelina Jolie Naked email was very tempting ;)
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#8 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

Heres how its spread: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc236/n.../untitled-1.jpg
THAT IS NOT THE VIRUS IT IS A PICTURE.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 31 July 2008 - 01:45 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#9 El_Tel

El_Tel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

I've been doing some research on this and it look like it's been going on for over a year now.
It is actually a Trojan.
What happens is that someone gets infected. Then their MSN sends a message with this link, to everyone on their contact list... When someone, like um- :flowers: clicks the :thumbsup: link, they infect :trumpet: themselves and it just keeps going on and on.

I also found out you can get rid of this Trojan with the program called msnclean . exe
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users