Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Nod32 Updates For Two Days

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Is it possible that on july 30, there is still no update since 28? I see in the NOD32 web that actually it figures as the last the one of july 28, but this is the first time in my long experience that an antivirus lets so much time for updating. I will re install anyway. Many thanks and greetinfs.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simargl

Simargl

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?act=calendar

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

I had the same issue myself so I contacted their support team and received this reply.

Thank you for contacting ESET Customer Care. We recently made significant additions to our virus signature database and as a result it may take 24 to 48 hours for you to receive the latest updates.

As ESET security products automatically update every hour, please ensure your current username and password shown below are entered correctly

In my case it may have been multiple issues as the username info they provided did not match what I had on record. So I will have to try again later this evening after work.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Sorry, but what does that mean? I appreciate your discretion in matter of words, but that page tells me that this one is lying? http://www.betterantivirus.com/nod32-updates/find_update.php Concretely what must I do? Greetings and many thanks

Edited by merellogalasso, 30 July 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#5 Simargl

Simargl

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

I do not use NOD32 but more informations about updates you can find here:
http://www.eset.eu/support/update-xy1

#6 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Yeah... I read the "information" and I thank you a lot. I performed the stupidity of uninstall my share NOD; now I got with zero updates.... Greetings

#7 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

Yeah... I read the "information" and I thank you a lot. I performed the stupidity of uninstall my share NOD; now I got with zero updates.... Greetings

I see that there has been new updates and, then, it appears that I have to wait currenlty using the other free calamity antivirus that uninstall the resident shield every other PC starting... Using the PC sometimes seems to be a course... Greeting

#8 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Before I read your message I was so stupid as for uninstalling my share NOD32. When I installed it again I left with zero updatings. Do you believe that the system is stoppped and that it will retake a while ahead? I am using, by this moment, the AVG 7.5 that likes to not install the resident shield every other PC starting.

Please, be so kind to see this http://www.eset.eu/support/update-xy1

Greetings and thanks

I had the same issue myself so I contacted their support team and received this reply.

Thank you for contacting ESET Customer Care. We recently made significant additions to our virus signature database and as a result it may take 24 to 48 hours for you to receive the latest updates.

As ESET security products automatically update every hour, please ensure your current username and password shown below are entered correctly

In my case it may have been multiple issues as the username info they provided did not match what I had on record. So I will have to try again later this evening after work.

Edited by merellogalasso, 30 July 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#9 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Sorry. Did you fix the NOD trouble? I had to uninstall it with the purpose to work under protection with other antivirus and I would wish to know if I can install my NOD again if the updating stop got fixed. My son in Ecuador is also stopped in july 28. But in the NOD update page it figures updating until now. What's acutally going on with this excellent program? Sorry again, many thanks and kind regards.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

I found a large update available last night but it would not install until I changed my username/password info to that provided by Eset Support. Apparently the one I was using had been working until this past weekend. I may not have changed it when I renewed my license 6 months ago and never gave it another thought as everything was working fine. So in my case directly contacting the Eset Support Team provided the answer.

#11 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

I will try. Thanks a lot.

I found a large update available last night but it would not install until I changed my username/password info to that provided by Eset Support. Apparently the one I was using had been working until this past weekend. I may not have changed it when I renewed my license 6 months ago and never gave it another thought as everything was working fine. So in my case directly contacting the Eset Support Team provided the answer.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

You're welcome.

#13 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

The trouble is that my shareNOD32 finished. The free AVG 7.5 has resident shield continuous troubles. I got Avira, but the download amount (just 15 mB) seems to me suspicious. Many thanks

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users