Hello and welcome to B
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)
and save to your Desktop.alternate download site
DSS will do the following:
You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.
- Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
- Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
- Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
- Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.
-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
- If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
- main.txt <- this one will be maximized
- extra.txt <- this one will be minimized
- If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
- Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.