Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mutltimedia Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ZachJaniszewski85

ZachJaniszewski85

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE POSTED THIS TYPE OF QUESTION BUT WHERE CAN I FIND THIS DRIVER?

I ACCIDENTALY DELETED MY MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER AND CANNOT FIND THE DRIVER.

HERES MY COMPUTER INFO:

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6580 20A
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6580 20A
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V3.4 11 11/14/2002
Drives Memory Modules c,d
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
55.08 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

DVD-16X DVD1648/BKH [CD-ROM drive]
SONY DVD RW DW-U10A [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST380011A [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 3JV1Z4M9, rev 3.06, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 512 MB
Slot '1' is Empty

MY DRIVER INSTANCE ID

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80651102&REV_0A\4&1A671D0C&0&18F0

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I think this is your board, http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....ax&class=mb AND http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=pr...0&cat3_no=4

Drivers for board are at http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...amp;prod_no=489

Louis

#3 computermd

computermd

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

From what i gathered your motherboard is a MCI MS-6580 20A -- go to this website: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...amp;prod_no=571

it should be a realtec ac97 audio driver.

Hope this helps!

Computer MD

#4 ZachJaniszewski85

ZachJaniszewski85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

so i downloaded the driver but t wont install. Im not sure why. Could it be something else? I go to device manager and click on update the driver and try to direct the computer at the folder but it wont open the hardware. Im not sure what to do

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Many drivers come in zip format...and the download must be opened by using a given program.

What is the full name-and-extension of the file you downloaded?

Installing Hardware Drivers - http://www.optimizingpc.com/install/hardwaredrivers.html

Louis

#6 ZachJaniszewski85

ZachJaniszewski85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Realtek_AC97_MB.zip

thats the file name on the website. Its from the link you gave. I have winrar and i unziped it and installed it but I cant make the device manager accept it as a suitable a driver for the mutimedia audio controller. It wont even acknowledge that the download has a driver in it. Is there some other program I have to use to make the driver functional? Thanks in advance.
---------------------
Version Informations:
---------------------

WDM driver for Win98/WinMe/Win2000/WinXP : 5.10.0.6230
WDM driver for Windows x64 : 5.10.0.6230
VXD driver for Win95 : 4.5.0.3019
VXD Software wavetable driver : 3.1.0.0
NT4 driver for Windows NT4 : 4.3.0.3040
NT4 software wavetable driver : 4.3.0.2002

RtlRack for Win98/Me/2000/XP : 1.15.0.0
AvRack for Win95/NT4 : 2003.4.4.1

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Is there a folder in the driver download that says "AC 97" or "Windows XP"?

Sometimes you must point XP directly to the proper folder itself...rather than leading it to a cluster of different folders.

There should be a Win XP folder and the correct drivers should be in there.

Louis

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

First, the driver instance ID that you cited is for a Creative Sound Blaster card - but your motherboard has built in Realtek sound. Which are you trying to enable?

If it's the Realtek, then it's likely that the drivers for your sound card don't have the KB888111 update packaged with them.

To fix this:
1) Uninstall the sound driver that's currently installed
2) Obtain either the KB88111 update (difficult to do), or obtain a driver from the manufacturer of your system/sound card.
3) Install the KB88111 update first (if you go that route), reboot, then install the Realtek driver.

If it's the Sound Blaster, did your system come with an additional sound card installed?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users