Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Usage At 100%- Possible Malware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#31 gezkc

gezkc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

I clicked on the ATF Cleaner link and it seems my firewall is stopping me from accessing it - it just says "Ad blocked here by SPF".

Also, I can't seem to download Kasperksy - when I go to the Kaspersky site, it says it may not run successfully with any other antivirus program is running, and the Accept tab is greyed out. I've stopped my Avast antivirus program, but it still doesn't change anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:48 AM

HI please right click on the Sunbelt firewall and choose disable.
Then run the ATF cleaner program.

AFter that Please click here to download AVP Tool by Kaspersky.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode.

You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears.
    Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter

• Double click the setup file to run it.
  • Click Next to continue.
  • It will by default install it to your desktop folder.Click Next.
  • Hit ok at the prompt for scanning in Safe Mode.
  • It will then open a box There will be a tab that says Automatic scan.
  • Under Automatic scan make sure these are checked.

• System Memory
  • Startup Objects
  • Disk Boot Sectors.
  • My Computer.
  • Also any other drives (Removable that you may have)

• Then click on Scan at the to right hand Corner.
  • It will automatically Neutralize any objects found.
  • If some objects are left unneutralized then click the button that says Neutralize all
  • If it says it cannot be Neutralized then chooose The delete option when prompted.
  • After that is done click on the reports button at the bottom and save it to file name it Kas.
  • Save it somewhere convenient like your desktop and just post only the detected Virus\malware in the report it will be at the very top under Detected post those results in your next reply.

Note: This tool will self uninstall when you close it so please save the log before closing it.

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#33 gezkc

gezkc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hi,
I disabled the Sunbelt firewall but still got the Ad blocked here by SPF message when trying to run the ATF program. I've now uninstalled the Sunbelt firewall using Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel, but am still getting the message! :thumbsup:

Is there anything else I can do to remove the Sunbelt firewall - it seems to be stopping me from running the checks.

Thanks.

#34 gezkc

gezkc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

Ok, I managed to run the ATF Cleaner by googling it and downloading it from another site.

However, I still can't run Kasperskys, even after stop the provider for all the various protections (network shield, instant messaging, etc).

Will I need to uninstall it in order to run Kasperskys?

#35 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Please follow my previous posts instructions.
It is another way to run Kaspersky.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#36 gezkc

gezkc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hi,

Ok, I've run Kaspersky and the Detected log file is below (it didn't find any malware):

Scan
----
Scanned: 222533
Detected: 0
Untreated: 0
Start time: 21/09/2008 18:38:43
Duration: 08:51:35
Finish time: 22/09/2008 03:30:18

Detected
--------
Status Object
------ ------

Events

As there don't appear to be any viruses or malware on my computer, I'm wondering if there might be something physically wrong with it that's causing it to slow down. Perhaps I'm best off just getting a new pc?

Thanks for all your help, Kahdah

#37 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Yes it doesn't seem malware related.
Maybe before bying a new pc have a tech shop or someone check you hard drive.
Seems it may be going out.
That can cause many issues.

You are welcome and once you reply back to this post I will close this thread.

#38 gezkc

gezkc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

Yes, it's fine to close this thread.

Thanks again for all your time. :thumbsup:

#39 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

You are welcome :thumbsup:

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users