Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys wireless network - networking pgm "not responding"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rach98n

rach98n

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

Ok, this is an odd one. I have a Linksys wireless router with one remote computer that has a Linksys USB wireless adapter. Things work fine until at some point during the day we come to the remote computer and find that it is disconnected. When you try to right click or double click on the icon to bring up "available wireless networks", nothing happens. Eventually the only way to resolve the problem is to reboot. When you click restart, you get the "wireless remote connection" is not responding, end now or wait. If you wait, you still eventually have to end it before the system will reboot.

Any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:19 AM

Anything new installed recently? Nothing was changed?

#3 rach98n

rach98n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:11 PM

No, nothing that I can think of. The kids install games all the time, but nothing that I would think would affect the connection. However, I did run Spybot from safe mode and it has been better since then. Maybe I somehow hit the problem.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:40 PM

If you want, post a hijkackthis log and see if you have any other malware lurking about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users