Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help On Brand New Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ruffrayder

ruffrayder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

hi this atif and i build my own computer 4 months ago but now its a problem with the software where to start mean whats next after u put all the hardeare together can some one help me on that i did try the windows xp cd but won"t take it :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hello, and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.com, I will try my best to help you with this problem. :huh:

My understanding is that you just built your computer but you cannot get it too boot. Go into your BIOS (Either F2 or delete on boot-up which one your motherboard supports) and go to the boot-up options. Set the CD drive as the first boot device, then save and exit your BIOS.

Then, put the Windows XP DVD in the CD-drive and try booting up again. You should get a message stating "Press and button to boot from CD" Press which ever button you'd like and install the operating system. If you do not know how to do that heres a little guide:

1. Boot to CD using the guide shown.
2. Press F6 ( I think it is F6) to load a SATA or RAID driver from the floppy drive if you wish. ( You need the SATA driver if you have a SATA HDD)

3. After that format the hard drive into NTFS. Partition the hard drive how ever you'd like.
4. After the format it will automatically install the required windows files for installation.
5. The computer will restart. This is normal. Let it restart.
6. Do not boot from disk this time around. Do not take the disk out yet either.
7. The installer will automatically start and do its thing. It will ask you for the serial key time and date. After giving it the required information it should restart once more.

Then your good to go!

Happy Building. :thumbsup:
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 ruffrayder

ruffrayder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

thank for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users