Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a Bleeping Computer 'popup' ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

A small pale yellow 'popup' has appeared two or three times when I have accessed Bleeping Computer. Is Bleeping Computer aware of this intrusion? If caught in time it can be clicked and opened to reveal the following script. It begins with 'Bleeping Computer in partnership with Vibrant Media'. I do not want to see it. How can I get rid of it ?

Bleeping Computer in partnership with Vibrant Media

What’s this?
You just discovered Vibrant Media’s
IntelliTXT technology...

IntelliTXT is not SPYWARE:
IntelliTXT is integrated on the website you’re visiting and not your computer. This technology does not collect personal information or require any form of software to be downloaded to or uploaded from your computer.

What is IntelliTXT?
It is a third-party technology created and distributed through Vibrant Media Incorporated, developed to locate keywords & phrases found within text and link them to relevant commercial information. IntelliTXT is identified with a double-underline and all corresponding text ads are clearly marked with “Advertisement” or “Sponsored Link”.

Bleeping Computer and Vibrant Media.
Bleeping Computer provides valuable content and information to internet users. IntelliTXT enhances and helps support this content by delivering relevant messages in a user-controlled format. IntelliTXT helps empower users to view relevant advertising on their own terms.

Integrity
IntelliTXT is implemented in real-time and deployed after the article has been published by the editorial team. This is an automated process that cannot influence, or be influenced by the Editorial Team at Bleeping Computer or any other partner publication. Vibrant Media is an active member of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
Please click here to review Vibrant Media’s IntelliTXT Guidelines and Standards.

How do I use IntelliTXT?
1) Mouse over a double-underlined word or phrase to display a “Tooltip” containing a relevant advertiser description.
2) For further information, click inside the “Tooltip” to go to the advertiser website.
3) If you don’t come across a keyword or phrase of interest, simply ignore the double-underlined words and continue your reading session with no interruptions.
Ignore the double-underlined words and they will ignore you.

Yours truly, oldsoldier

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

"oldsoldier"

Here's another thread on BC on same subject.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Gre...html#entry88964

It is part of the advertising on this board that keeps BC operating as a free site.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 oldsoldier

oldsoldier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:38 AM

Thank you Koan Yorel. Grinler tells that only guests should see it. I believe that I was not logged in when I saw it. Occasionally the automatic 'log-in' does not happen and I have to do it myself.

oldsoldier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users