Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Reinstall Office Professional 2007 Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Curlygirl

Curlygirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

Hello everyone! I will start by saying I know zip about this and please don't pull your hair out while reading this--I would feel very bad... Ok, I have a laptop running Vista. It suddenly 'quit' one day--I started it up and it would do nothing but give me options to 'redo' (sorry this is my term, obviously!). I chose the option to 'redo' that said I would have to reinstall all software that did not come with the computer. After all this I was able to find all my pics, documents and music that I had on the computer. I found all of it in the BACKUP file (I know that's obvious!). Anyway, got all my other software installed and then tried to install the office professional and it tells me that since it is an upgrade I must have another version to install this. Well, no I'm worried. I thought I would be able to find the old version of office in my BACKUP but I've been unable to. So this leads me to believe that it got deleted? Also, this laptop was bought used (tho' it is not very old). So, my question--is the previous version in my BACKUP somewhere and I just can't find it? Or is it on the CD that came w/ the 'puter? If so, how do I find it? Thank you all for reading this and I hope that you all still have your hair!
Jaci

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hi Curlygirl, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
To install Office 07 Pro (not pro plus) from an upgrade disk, you must have one of the qualifying products in the quote below:

Microsoft Works 6.010; Microsoft Works suite 20002006 or later; any 20002007 Microsoft Office program or suite; any Microsoft Office XP suite except Office XP Student and Teacher.

In most cases you only need to provide the cd and point the installer to it. The actual qualifying program doesn't necessarily have to be installed.

Also, this laptop was bought used (tho' it is not very old). So, my question--is the previous version in my BACKUP somewhere and I just can't find it? Or is it on the CD that came w/ the 'puter?

If it were anywhere, it would have most likely been on a seperate cd that was supplied with the system, though even that would be highly doubtful.
Couple quick questions to be of any more help:

1. If you have no cd, what method did you use to "redo" your system?
2. What is the make and model of your laptop?

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

If you can't get Office 2007 to install, you could use OpenOffice. It is free, open source, and compatible with all Office formats (it can read and write to all documents created in Microsoft Office). If you don't have a broadband connection (a fast internet connection) then this probably isn't an option for you. The file to download OpenOffice is very large and would take a very long time on Dial-Up.

http://openoffice.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users