Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A 'photobucket' For Your Sound Tracks?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

I've been checking this out, but I can't find an audio version of Photobucket where you can upload a musical track or two from your computer, and then copy-and-paste these musical tracks into a forum post for others to listen to.

Any ideas, please?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

I think you have to post a URL pointing to wherever you have the files stored (e.g. rapidshare, etc.). Considering the size of most tracks, I am not sure that most forums would welcome storing them.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

This might be what you are looking for.

http://www.soundclick.com/
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 mas_pogi

mas_pogi

Carpal Tunnel of Love

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:46 AM

hi.

You can also use this one

http://www.mp3-codes.com/upload/

I usually use this one in friendster's profile.

Mark

#5 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

Thank you all. I'll check those out.

Update: mas pogi - unfortunately your link doesn't work for me. I can't find where you register, and when I try to upload a musical track from my iTunes library all I get is ...

Thanks anyway.

I'll see if I have better luck with bluesjunior's link.

Posted Image

Update: Couldn't register at your link, bluesjunior. They kept saying my different Usernames were already taken. Yeah, right.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Bone Idol, 30 July 2008 - 06:54 AM.

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

I just tried it as well and got the username taken message as well. What I then did which is what I have done a few times when getting this message is add a 1 ie "Username1" if that don't work add 2 etc etc. Username1 has always worked for me and did at Soundclick.com a few minutes ago.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#7 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

Okay, bluesjunior. With myself, I've learnt never to put down my true age in funky-spunky youthful forum boards because they then use the 'already used Username' BS to stop me joining... (I'm an oldie). For a long time now I've been perpetually aged between 18 and 26. :thumbsup:

#8 senior03

senior03

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

I think the forum has to have html on for the users in order to do that.

try this site, a lot of great music there http://www.imeem.com

#9 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Thanks senior. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me. After 15 minutes it's still uploading just one 3-minute track from my personal library. That can't be right.

Update... I finally got an email (?) telling me that my ONE track had finally be uploaded... :thumbsup:

But that website interface is so chaotic, I haven't the faintest idea how to paste my one track into a forum board for the members to listen to.

Amongst all of these titles - what should I click to go to where my tracks have been saved?

Posted Image

Edited by Bone Idol, 31 July 2008 - 12:56 AM.

#10 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

I entered my Track's URL address into my post at a forum site, and up popped this... you'll see that it's opened up my private page where it says 'edit profile'...

I just want the track to appear, not private details about my identity etc.

On Google I've read and re-read the instructions on 'embedding'... but I can't get this to work in reality.

On forums you've got the options of URL, IMG, CODE, LIST... that's it. There's nothing else to cater for embedding.

If you download an image from Photobucket - that's all you see: the image. But download a musical track to post into a forum thread - and a whole page appears with your name - and your 'edit profile' options for people to snoop around in. Pretty damn stupid.

Posted Image

Edited by Bone Idol, 31 July 2008 - 06:07 AM.

#11 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

I think the forum has to have html on for the users in order to do that.

try this site, a lot of great music there http://www.imeem.com

I'm not looking to download music from a site. I'm looking to upload tracks from my computer so that I can then post these on a forum board.

Imeem seems to be the most hopeful, but very typically there isn't a solitary word about whether or not your privacy may be breached by posting up your tracks. And quite incredibly, Imeem doesn't have a forum board despite it having become the world's top streaming site. So there's just no one to ask about privacy issues.

Senior03 -- when you post up a track somewhere, is what others see this on your profile page this.... ?

Posted Image

Or this... ?

Posted Image

Imeem: Their Help guide has no answer to my simple question. And you can't contact the administration to answer your questions. And can't join a forum to ask the membership any questions.

Bloody ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users