Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Or Sound Max?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jayddren

Jayddren

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

I listen to music and after no particular amount of time the sound cuts out. I have to restart my computer to get any sound back. Is this a problem with my speakers? the sound card? or soundmax?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

What program are you using to listen to your music with? You can try a couple of things. One you can try upgrading the program you listen to music with and see if there is a new version. Another thing you can do is to use another program and see if the same thing occurs. Also you can try un-installing your soundcard drivers and new for updated ones or re-install the current drivers.

Hopefully this will help solve you problems.

#3 Jayddren

Jayddren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

hmmmm, thanks for the suggestions, I am to say the least computer illiterate. How would you go about un-installing the drivers. Do I need to know what kind of sound card I have, if so do I simply open up my tower and have a look?? I listen to music on limewire.....all though it does this with itunes and multimedia.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

What is the make and model of your computer?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Jayddren

Jayddren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Its a bleep mix from a used computer store!!

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Download SIW Free with the installer and run it. In the left hand column click on the + by hardware and click on motherboard. On the top it should list the motherboard model
Let us know what it is
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 Jayddren

Jayddren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

manufacturer asustek computer inc
model a7v400-mx
version 1.03

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Soundmax driver for your board located here

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

It won't let me link directly to the page. Click on my link and in the upper left corner, enter a7v400-mx, then select Drivers from the drop-down menu and click enter. Select the model on the left. Then look for it 1/2 way down the page. #3663

Edited by garmanma, 30 July 2008 - 12:53 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

#9 Necrotic Freak

Necrotic Freak

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I am no expert here and really don't want to step on any one toes. Perhaps it is a resource issue. From my personal experience Limewire and I-tunes use a lot of system resources. I would recommend using Winamp. It's small, doesn't use much resources, the sound quality is great if you have decent speakers and best of all its free.

Dang, I sound like a commercial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users