Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Freezes When Idle.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny.

Johnny.

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hellooooooooo!

My Acer Extensa 5620 will freeze when it is idle for about 15-30 minutes. When in this state, the touchpad can be used but only in moving the mouse (where the mouse would be constantly displaying the 'loading' icon). I have checked my Event Viewer and the following errors are those that are constantly occuring:

Under Application:

[Error]
28/07/2008@9:36:18
An error occurred during decryption.

[Information]
Server name is 'DOME\MSSMLBIZ'. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

[Information]
Starting up database 'model'.

[Information]
Starting up database 'msdb'.

[Error]
28/07/2008@9:36:19
FallBack certificate initialization failed with error code: 1.

..........Under System:

[NOTE: Before these logs, two Information would occur sourcing from "Event Log" and would say....

Microsoft ® Windows ® 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 2 Multiprocessor Free.

followed by...:

The Event log service was started. {on 28/07/2008 both@9:35:58pm}]

[Error]
28/07/2008@9:36:17
The StyleXPService service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

[Information]
The Fax service was successfully sent a stop control.

[Error]
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SRTSP
SRTSPX

Further notes: I have not taken any other steps,
I always leave it on AC Power, I have yet to see if this occurs on AC Power,
In order for me to continue the use of the laptop I must hold the power button until it's off and then press it to turn it on again - so a complete manual reboot.

Ugh...that took a while....this problem is veeeeeeeeeery annoying, but I'm in no rush to fix it....but I would prefer fixing it so....any ideas would be nice eh? Cheers guys for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

I would try updating the video driver, as this often is the cause of standby type problems.

How to update a Windows hardware driver

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

There are some issues with your Norton/Symantec programs

[Error]
SRTSP
SRTSPX

And with your Style XP program

[Error]

It would be helpful if you could note the time and let the system sit until it freezes, then note the time again and reboot, then look for errors in the Event Viewer that occurred after the time that you let it sit (and before the reboot time). Those are most likely to show us what happened during the freeze.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Johnny.

Johnny.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

There are some issues with your Norton/Symantec programs

[Error]
SRTSP
SRTSPX

And with your Style XP program

[Error]

It would be helpful if you could note the time and let the system sit until it freezes, then note the time again and reboot, then look for errors in the Event Viewer that occurred after the time that you let it sit (and before the reboot time). Those are most likely to show us what happened during the freeze.

Nah I've removed Norton/Symantec Atinvirus (cause thats waht caused my corrupt downloads + sllowness on loading) and stuff so I think thats where that error comes from, and Im not sure about StylesXP program as it always seems to be operating correctly. But thanks anyway usasma, but it seems updating my system was the solution, so I cheers budapest for that (I haven't system updated for a while cause just couldn't be bothered, so I guess I'll start doing that)...the last time I did it ZoneAlarm prevented connection to sites...so now I gotta update ZA aswell....but I guess it's all for the better....

Anyway guys cheers for all your help ey, 'nd see ya round on the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users