Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Four weeks ago IE7 stopped loading. I have tried all Microsoft routes as well as many options from browsing - it seems that IE7 had problems when it first arrived with the runonce facility but before this problem I was able to acess.

I don't appear to have any spyware or viruses as everything else works well (including Firefox), though the startup is on average quite slow.

I would really like to look into the connection or security settings in Internet Options in more detail. I vaguely remember following instructions on a website about a proxy before I realised that was unnecessary and I think I reset anything I had changed. I did, however, use the RIES which I thought would fix any settings that were wrong.

I have posted to the HijackThis Log forum a few days ago but I think I may be on the wrong track with regards malware.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

I run Vista SP1, IE7 and Firefox 3.0. I have Spybot and AVG free version for security.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

Have you tried uninstalling IE7 and reinstalling it?

To look at Internet Options in more detail;
Start/Control Panel/Network & Internet/Internet Options, click on tabs Connections and Programs

Hope this helps

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

Thanks Adamsapple, I found a proxy setting in connections which I have now removed.
:thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users