Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plagued By Bsod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phumfeinz

Phumfeinz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hi guys.

Recently my computer has started to suffer from frequent BSODs.

When I try to install something (World of Warcraft to be specific) it will crash to the BSOD. At first I thought it might be a file on the discs themselves, but it's very random. It can crash on the first disc, or on the fifth disc. It also crashes to a BSOD without fail every time I try to start up Team Fortress 2. The thing is I've installed WoW just fine before and played TF2 every day until it started to crash. I haven't installed anything new or changed anything.

Here's the problem - I can't do anything about it.

If I run a virus scan - BSOD.
Every time I try to defrag - BSOD.
Disk Cleaner - BSOD
Heck, I just tried a system restore and guess what - BSOD.

I booted up into Safe Mode but the problem still persists. I've tried to run chkdsk but it freezes whilst doing it.

There has to be a file somewhere that's causing this problem. The problem is, any time the computer so much as glances in its direction it crashes to the BSOD.

The error code is:

Process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)

(Doesn't actually say Parameter, I just know those don't matter as much so didn't copy them down).

I tried reseating the HDD (it's a S-ATA), and I've ran MemTest 86 which didn't report any errors.

The motherboard is an Asus K8V-X. If you need to know any other specs just say.

If there is anything else I could do - upload a HJT log or minidump just let me know. The way it is though I can't see anything but a complete re-format helping here.

Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

Could be a hard-drive failing issue. Try to backup as much files as you can. Then afterwards, I recommend downloading the diagnostics utility off from the manufacturer's website and putting the program onto a CD. Boot the computer to the CD, follow the instructions on the screen, and then test the HD for any errors. If the HD diagnostics utility spits out any errors then your hard-drive is failing.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

You might take a look at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...06191856AAGwH6C

Louis

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

At work the other day we trashed a K8V mobo trying to update the BIOS - be very, very careful!!!

Also, here's a link to a description of the parameters - and you can see that they will help to point to the causes of the error.
You can locate the BSOD info by following this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
You can perform an analysis of the dump files that you find by using this link: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
Post the results of the analysis and we'll work from that.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users