Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Able To Install Xp After Reformatting - Need Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azure_fantist

azure_fantist

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

Hi all, I have run a killdisk software where I used it to delete away all my partitions as it cannot be done in the first place. Right now, there is a problem. since now my hard disk C; drive is empty, as I insert my xp disc and install it, at the step where I hit 'Enter' for it to install, a blue technical screen pops up.

Initially I thought it was just a slight common fault. But as I tried it several times, whenever I hit Enter to install, the blue screen sure pops up. From here, is this a problem with my hard disk, or simply that there is a possibly my motherboard crashes?

By the way, last time I used cpuz software, my motherboard already seems to be having some problems as its model number behind shows some weird figures etc, but I was told that it can still run until it really crashes.

Can someone help me on this, rather than asking me to buy new stuff?

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Hmmmm.....a bit weird. Is your hard-drive inside the computer IDE or SATA? If this computer is a desktop computer, I recommend changing the HD cable and see if that helps out. Possible put the windows CD onto another optical drive if you have more than one drive.

If you can, please post the error code here and we can do more research on the error.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

What's the exact message on the blue screen?

Louis

#4 azure_fantist

azure_fantist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

The error code is 0x0000008E C0xC0000005, 0xF741CB86, 0xF6F89800, 0x00000000. It is a desktop by the way, and I suppose it is IDE and not SATA (not very sure about it) as this computer of mine is 3 and ahalf to 4 years ago.

As for the message, I did not really take a look at it.

Dr_Manhattan, you say change the HD cable, don't think I'm able to as I do not have any extra of that and as of the optical drive you speak of, do you mean that I plugged in any external cd drive and run the xp disk again?

Kinda a noob in this computer area

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

Based on info supplied thus far...I'd suggest running Memtest on your installed RAM, http://www.memtest86.com/

I would suggest downloading the iso version in .zip format...and then unzipping the iso file and subsequently using a program like Iso Burner, http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm , to burn the CD.

I would also suggest that, if you decide to run Memtest...you allow it to run at least a minimum of 30 minutes. I've seen a number of comments from persons stating that they have run 3 passes and have no errors. IMO, based on my recent experience, 3 passes is not enough to really ascertain if the RAM has a problem or not. Allowing 30 minutes may not be much better, but it allows for a higher completion percentage of the entire test.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users