Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bevforxp08

bevforxp08

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

I don't know what is wrong with this freakin' computer and it's driving me whacky! I can access the internet but I
can't get to sign on to read my email in yahoo. I have checked and rechecked settings & I can't figure out what is
wrong. I can get to the page where to sign on but I can't actually log on and it brings up the infamous "this page
can't be displayed"------H_E_L_P!!!!!!!!!

[Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum and Topic Description modified. jgweed]

Edited by jgweed, 28 July 2008 - 11:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bevforxp08

bevforxp08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

I checked and rechecked settings and think it was a program I had installed that was blocking Yahoo. So I just
uninstalled the program and solved that problem which gave me yet another gray hair or two! Ha-ha!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

Out of curiosity, what programme was the culprit?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 bevforxp08

bevforxp08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:56 AM

To jgweed:the program that was blocking me from signing in to yahoo email was browser hijacker retaliator. I don't know if i was half asleep when it asked me about yahoo or what. But I uninstalled it and thought that had solved the problem but nothing could be so simple with my bloody computer!!!!!!! I was getting missing file this and that and saw the blue screen of death...the first I have EVER gotten on my xp computer...there were some other programs on here that I wanted off as well and couldn't get them off so I finally just wiped the whole thing clean and reformatted and loaded again...I really don't know what the problem was with my email and ultimately with getting back on the internet before I reformatted...just glad to be up and running again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users