Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Interesting Problem With My Motherboard.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jawknee912

jawknee912

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

When I boot my computer my onboard LAN isn't recognized by ubuntu or windows. I have found a way to make it work though. If I insert a PCI NIC into my mobo on my next boot my onboard LAN will be recognized and work fine. On my next reboot it's no longer recognized. If I remove my PCI NIC it will recognize on the next reboot. Then the same problem happens and I get stuck into a cycle of installing and removing my NIC card between boots. Oh, and the PCI NIC is never recognized. Anyone out there wanna take a stab at why this may be or offer a solution?

mobo: PCChips P23G, PCI NIC: linksys, unknown model.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jawknee912

jawknee912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

new development: so i shut down my pc then unplugged it from the wall. when i booted it i didn't lose its onboard lan like usual. so it looks like swapping the pci card wasn't the fix for it. the fix was pulling it from power completely. any ideas after this developement?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users