Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryp Morphine Detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hattrix

hattrix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have had my Trend Micro report that I have an infected file on my P4 1.7Ghz XP home edition desktop. The file is Cryp Morphine.
Trend Micro isolated file. I have deleted file since discovering.
I get advertisement poping up and whilst typing this if I minimise this window all my shortcuts have disappeaerd as well as the windows start bar. I still have my backround picture.
Before deleting Cryp Morphine (CM) I hed varied success in establishing connection with google. But had some success with ask jeeves.
I managed to get to this website after about 15 mins of trying through links provided through askjeeves but gave up and tried google again. This is when all my shortcuts disappeared as well as the windows start bar. Google had returned to normal and I got straight onto this website.

Not to sure on wht course of action to take now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

Would you boot into safe mode and run a scan with Trend?

http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/safemodeboot.php

Next download, install and update MBAM, run a scan, clean and post a log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=876163
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users