Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jandsbradley2

jandsbradley2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

I have an issue with a download that began while on Myspace...it started downloading I tried to cancel it...I tried to restore to a previous date....I have Norton internet security (not very helpful).....I added spysweeper....every scan shows coolwebsearch cws_cassandra tubbytoolbar and a few more.. it has taken over my task manager and changed my desktop display - pop ups are continous....they try to look like Microsoft security warnings and they direct me to a web page that sells spyware removal....Everytime I change my desktop...it changes back to say Warning! Spyware has been detected on your pc. Click here to remove which goes to the website that sells "top rated spyware removers" at the address bar the website simply says about:security......My Norton doesn't even notice a thing and the Microsoft security spyware tool doesn't either.....The Spysweeper does find it and Quarantines it ...then I delete it and it comes right back....Webroot, spysweeper has interupted me 8 times while typing this to tell me it has quarantined coolwebsearch..oops 9 times.... I have been reading many boards and they lead to WinPFind file that I cannot gain access to...I do not know what to do next ...HELP PLEASE

Edited by Orange Blossom, 27 July 2008 - 10:41 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

See if you can boot to safemode and give webroot a chance to prove it's worth, I doubt that it will cure the infection tho but it might get a start

http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/safemodeboot.php

before you do the safe mode scan try to get MBAM to download and update

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=876163

after the webroot scan in safe mode see if you can disable norton's and webroot to let you run a scan and fix with MBAM in normal mode boot

Edited by DaChew, 28 July 2008 - 05:17 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users