Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Has Made My Problem Worse.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jacktro

jacktro

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

A few months back i started having crashes on the 2 games i play(Pacific Assault+PKR 3D Poker).
I thought that my old graphics card was the problem(radeon 9200) and as i had never upgraded my P.C. i felt i must be time.
I upgraded from a 250w PSU to a 630w and also put in a Sapphire 1650 pro 516mb but my problems are far worse now than before.I installed a fresh windows after the upgrade and now im at a complete dead end :huh:

Pacific Assault crashes right after i hit the start game button with either going right back to the desktop or to a BSOD saying ATIVVAXX.DLL and "dumping physical memory to disk:101"..i have it set at 800X600 medium settings.

PKR crashes to a PKR crash report screen or a BSOD "ATI3DVAG.DLL or to the desktop,i have it set on all low settings.

Also for no reason internet explorer seems to crash to a "send a report screen" quite alot.

Ive no idea what to do about this.....changed the graphics card,installed a new windows(sp2) :thumbsup:

im at the end of the road with the pc....if anyone has any ideas about what else could cause these crashes it would help alot,im not sure if the bios could cause the problem but i dont know were to look now

thx jack
1st. rule of combat "send in the WIFE".....2nd rule of combat "rule 1 applies to ALL situations"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

When you installed a new version of Windows, did you do a full format of the hard-drive? Are you using the updated most currenty version of drivers or are you using the driver version that came inside the videocard box?

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

I believe it's a ram problem. One or more of your sticks of ram might be bad. I'd run memtest overnight to see if it finds any errors with your ram. http://memtest86.com/ . Burn the .iso file to a disc. A program such as Alcohol 120% will allow you to burn .iso images to cd.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users