Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Is Messed Up Bad Computer Corupted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

as far as i can tell almost every single file on windows is now Corupt im unable to download or run any thing at all . safe mode wont let me connect to the internet and any products such as maleware bytes or superantispyware will not download or run on my computer . I can not acess any files on my computer ither . internet explorer works but on google no search resluts for anywords are found. yahoo just flickers funny. firefox will let me search but makes the font so small its barley readable.
chksdsk utilitys can not be ran as it wont work ither. I have avast it for some reason it works during boottime scan it found over 100 errors but dont think it deleted any . also i can not acess add or remove programs ither. this all started when i went to a website something like oldtime .com or osmthing and downloaded an old bearshare file sharer the program was corupted and pretty much has about destoryed my whole ocmputer. avast found no viruses or spyware . but again i dont know what to do. because my computer will not let me download or run any program . as i said above i allready tried malwarebytes and superantispyware it wont let me download or run those programs . by the way i have spyware doctor on my computer but it wont let me run it if i click it i just get an error ...........

heres a few errors i have recieved forgive my spelling its prolly awfull ........anyways here are a few errors im reciveing
RTHDCPL.exe
and
nwiz.exe
also im unable to acess help and support to do a system restore. what evers going on my computer is now set up to make sure that what evers in it . can not be gotten out
dunno what to do . may end up having to throw computer in the garbage its messed up that bad

help !

adding more info here is what im geting if i try to click anything i get somthing like this.
pctsgui.exe-Bad image- the application or DLL c/:windows/system32/oledlg.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against you installation diskette ..........

also im geting a yellow triangle in my task bar saying corupted please run chkdsk . but again it can not be ran it just messes up if i try

Edited by gonefishin, 27 July 2008 - 06:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Can you get into Safe Mode?

If so try running chkdsk and your anti-virus scans in Safe Mode.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

Nope wont let me run ither in safemode. im surprised to. since i scanned my virus scan and acessed the internet fine in safe mode
about 4 days ago. so what evers wrong with my comp. is stoping me from running any thing in safe mode

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

See if you can run the following tool in Safe Mode.

Dr.Web CureIt!
http://freedrweb.com/cureit/

It's a stand-alone scanner that does not need to be updated. You can download it on a working computer and then transfer it to the problem computer on a CD or pen drive.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

Ok i'll get to it . and give it a whirl and i'll hollar back after the scan and let you know what it found and if it fixed probs.

by the way thanks for offering a helping hand

#6 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

/

Edited by gonefishin, 28 July 2008 - 07:59 PM.
disabled the link-just in case

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

im going to put the link here maybe one of you guys wanna take a look at this bearshare which pretty much destroys computers. for the simple fact what ever this is its different than anything ive come across or ever read about......

Bearshare is not the only site that will give you problems, Any torrent site or sites that share copyrighted music or applications are also risky
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

Well...it seems to me that you may be infected...and probably ought to treat your situation that way.

BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users