Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Device Is Failing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 portulinus

portulinus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hi guys.
I Have a TOSHIBA Satellite m45 S169. After I removed a virus, my computer canīt conect to the internet. the screen shows up a message about installing a new unknown software (is for installing drivers). When I try to select TOSHIBA/Networking/Searh for Wirelesss Devices there appears this message:Ļ"PLease turn on the wireless network device". Even, my wireless switcher itīs on.
what Should I do?? My router is Zyxel Prestige 600. I have Windows Xp Home Edition Service Pack 2.
please help me.
thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

I am sure your wireless device is working properly but the problem could lie on other stuff. Hmmm.....scan your computer one more time and see if the virus is removed for good. Then try performing a windows repair on your computer and see if this works out for you.

You will need your windows xp cd and boot the computer to the CD. Make sure first that the first boot device in the bios is set to DVD-ROM/CD-rom. Then once you boot the computer to the CD and once you get to the main menu, simply click on enter like you are about to install the windows operating system. Then click on F8 to agree to the license agreement and onces the CD finds your current operating system, simply click on "R" for repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users