Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

I am trying to uninstall Samsung Pc Studio 3, and have uninstalled all entries in Ad/Remove except one entry which is 'Samsung PC Studio 3 USB Driver Installer'

When I highlight it to uninstall, an error comes up saying ' An error (-5003;0x80070002) has occured while running the set up. Please make sure youhave finsihed a previous set up and closed other applications.)

nothing was open apart from Ad/Remove.

Any ideas what I can do please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thanks. But according to Microsoft, this could uninstall other programmes as well.

Is there anything else I can do?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

It will only uninstall the applications that you check mark. The only warning is not to use it with Windows Office applications
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:00 AM

From what I can gather form reading the details on the programme, if I highlight something in the list, and select 'Remove' it not only deletes the highlighted item, but all other entries that use the Windows Installer feature - am I correct in this?

Also, I have Office installed, and I dont know if this clean up utility will harm it in any way regardless of whether I highlight it or ignore it - is this correct also?

I have used the Search facility to search for any other 'Samsung' items and deleted all those. I have been into explorer and looked in programmes / system / windows but found absolutely nothing. The only item now is in Ad/Remove and wont budge. After the error, it shows the windows installer which is only half way through, and then goes away taking me back to the ad/remove page with it still on.

#6 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

If your uncomfortable about windows cleanup then dont use it
It never gave me no problems
You could try ccleaner download it from here
It also has uninstaller

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

#7 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Ok. I will try ccleaner - thanks for your help

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

I'd be more worried using Ccleaner than the Microsoft utility
Stay away from the issues button
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users