Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Wrt56gs Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 notamondayfan

notamondayfan

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

hey guys,

just wondering if any of you could shed some light on my situation.

im connected to talktalk broadband using their free wired router. i'm trying to set up a wireless network using a linksys wrt56gs wireless router, but i'm having trouble.

basically i can access the internet when i connect the talktalk router directly to the pc, but as soon as i try to use the linksys router i cant get internet access. i have tried both wired and wireless conections to the router, but with no luck.

i have used another wrt56gs router at my girlfriends place, so i should be able to get it to work here, but cant see whats wrong.

i bought the router off ebay with no manual (cant remeber if theres meant to be a CD with it or not, can someone confirm please?)

any sugestions? ive tried reading the manual, but again i come across the same issues.

thanks, dean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hello I think you meant 54GS. Any way there are some solutions and related articles here that should help.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c...d=6187941396B10
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ttech

Ttech

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

Upgrade the Linksys router to the latest firmware @ Linksys

1. Once you upgrade to the latest firmware or if there is no firmware upgrade, you need to perform a factory reset by holding in the reset button for 30 seconds located on back of the router, you will notice the routers lights blinking. Then wait about 2-3 minutes while the router syncs back up.

Note: The factory reset will erase all previous settings, so you may want to write down your settings as you will have to enter the settings back into the router.

You do not need the CD to install the router, You can set it up manually.

1. Just open up Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1
2. A Linksys sign-in box will open
3. User Name = (leave this blank)
Password = admin
4. Click OK

You should be at a Linksys set-up page, at this point I do not know if you have Cable or DSL connection so I will provide both set-up links below.

DSL set up link @ http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...&p_topview=

Cable set up link @ http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...amp;p_topview=1

Hope this helps,
Ttech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users