Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Links My Visitors To Antivirus 2009 Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wannamartin

wannamartin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Google returns a link to Antivius 2009 as if it were our website's link.

If you enter our domain's url into a web browser address bar, you are taken to our website just fine. No problem. :thumbsup:

However, if you enter our domain name into a Google search, Google returns our website as the #1 site (as it should), but if you click on this link you are taken given an Antivirus 2009 message warning about being infected, and then all &($# breaks loose.

Popups that are hard to close and redirects to Antivirus 2009 website and warnings start to appear faster than you can say "I've been Hacked". You can't close the windows and popups fast enough. Our antivirus software pops up and says that it found a trojan-virus being downloaded, and it blocks it (than you Kaspersky!). What a mess. So...needless to say, I have a few questions to ask:

How can Google allow this to happen?

What has happened in the first place?

How do I fix it?

How do I prevent it?

Any help from you masters of Internet would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wannamartin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

I doubt google has been hacked, you are simply being redirected by a malware infection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=876163

Run a scan with MBAM and post the log please
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users