Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Agp Speed Causing Performance Penalty?.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I ran a scan on my PC today with Everest Home Edition and while reading through the results came across the following. In Problems and suggestions at the bootom it says that I may have a performance penalty due to the AGP speed being slower than the max. Is thissomething I should worry about and what sahould I do to correct it?.

Field Value
North Bridge Properties
North Bridge VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400
Revision 00
Package Type 664 Pin HSBGA
Package Size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm
Process Technology 0.22 um
Core Voltage 2.5 V
In-Order Queue Depth 4

Memory Controller
Bank Interleave 4-way

Memory Timings
CAS Latency (CL) 2.5T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 2T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 2T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 7T
Command Rate (CR) 2T

Memory Slots
DRAM Slot #1 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

AGP Controller
AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Device ATI Radeon 7500 (RV200)
AGP Aperture Size 128 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Supported, Disabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Chipset Manufacturer
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

Problems & Suggestions
Problem Current AGP speed is lower than maximum supported. This may cause performance penalty.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:52 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Do you play modern 3d games at all? If not it's nothing to worry about, and wouldn't slow down the computer.

Anyway I think it's saying you can put the AGP speed up to 8x, and it's only running at 4x right now. If your motherboard supports it, you should be able to go into the bios and change this.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

Thanks Sterling14, I don't have any 3D games. The only game I play is Football Manager 2008 which has a 2D match engine. So I will just leave well enough alone for the time being.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users