Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Able To Reformat Xp -need Big Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 azure_fantist

azure_fantist

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

Hi all, I have been trying to reformat my computer and so I tried putting in the XP installation disc into it and intend for it to delete the initial partition and hence reinstall the xp.

But as I follow the instructions in the screen, whether I choose the option of installing a new xp or the second option of deleting the partition, a blue screen (technical error) will pops up. The error code is 0x0000008E C0xC0000005, 0xF741CB86, 0xF6F89800, 0x00000000

So what do I do about it? I really need to format my computer... Is there any other ways? Please do help me

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

Try using a utility like Active Killdisk to over write the drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 azure_fantist

azure_fantist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

hi there
so do I download Bootable ISO Image for KillDisk for DOS Professional version or Bootable ISO Image for KillDisk for DOS Free version? Or is it not these 2?

I'm not sure about it, can you guide me instead? Sorry about it

Edited by azure_fantist, 26 July 2008 - 02:12 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:12 AM

Download KillDisk Suite(Free)v.5.0 - complete package containing DOS and Windows executables, bootable disk creators, license and documentation. Installer and uninstaller are included.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 azure_fantist

azure_fantist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:30 AM

and so do I run this when my computer is in the desktop screen or need to burn it into a disk????

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

The menu on the left side of the page has a user's guide which is pretty clear in their instructions.

http://www.killdisk.com/bootablecd.htm

Edited by dc3, 26 July 2008 - 02:38 AM.

#7 azure_fantist

azure_fantist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

If it is gonna be a bootable disk, I do not see a point for me to download KillDisk Suite(Free)v.5.0... Kinda confused here as in the link it says 'have uncompressed KD-SETUP.EXE', using what software to uncompress?

Edited by azure_fantist, 27 July 2008 - 07:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users