Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken Ie7, No Downloading How Do I Fix It?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marinatonyg

marinatonyg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

I just figured out what my problems is. Trough installing and removing FireFox/IE7 and recovering, I guess I lost some IE7 files and now it doesn't work. The result is that I can't download, no shortcuts, it is really frustrating. I would re-install the whole windows XP but I have too may files and pictures on my computer and it would take weeks and maybe months to save them all.
I can't download ANYTHING at all, how do I fix that problem? I heard I could solve the problem somehow trough "My Network Place", but I never used it before I don't know what to do there (and by the way it shows me an error, which it didn't the first time). Please help. Thank you all in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:30 AM

if you had an external hardrive large enough to transfer all your files. then you could reinstall your OS.

#3 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

Can you even uninstall/reinstall IE7 at all? If you haven't tried this yet try performing a windows repair on your system and see if this fixes the issue. You will not lose your files by performing a windows repair.

#4 JCCK

JCCK

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Use a friends computer to download the IE7 install file then move it onto a thumb drive, or flash drive, or what ever they are called at this second and try reinstalling IE7 that way.
Hope this helps any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users