Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Hello World!
I have been having trouble with my computer. Earlier this week i reinstalled my XP partition on a XP/Ubuntu dual booting system. The audio would clip and the computer would ultimately freeze. Now to trouble shoot the problem i started googling and heard it might be my PSU (which was deffective) so i got a new one, it works great computer's now a quiet happy camper. However windows is not. Now by installing and uninstalling drivers one by one I have found out that the trouble with my windows environment is that the new ATi card's drivers are craptastique or are clashing with my Nvidia drivers(for the built in stuff of my M2N-E motherboard). I do not have these problems in my Ubuntu environment which further strengthens my belief that it's a Windows driver issue. That would also explain my 10005 system event error (10005 is Dcom failing)

Well that you all for the help in advance :thumbsup:
Ellypho
CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

Hello world!

I have solved my own problem.
The solution?
Instead off the bulky CCC drivers i just got the minimalistic drivers and so to enable my secoundary screen i just had to use the winedows system

Thanks anyways
Ellypho
CompTIA A+ certified

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

Congratulations, and thank you for posting your solution. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users