Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Disconnection From Internet...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ~Wiseman~

~Wiseman~

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hi guys,

I have just upgraded my Netgear router, from a wireless 54mbps to 270mbps, N series. We were no longer able to connect to the internet, we would have to reconnect 3 or 4 times get connected. Page not found, unable to find home page and so on... The 54mbps router was 3 years old and I gathered it was time to upgrade!

I have 4 wireless laptops connected to it and a cable to a tower.

I have had it now for a week and on my laptop only, the internet/wireless connection keeps disconnecting after about 15 to 20 minutes, constantly! And that started as from the first hour of connecting to the new router.

No problems in reconnecting apart from the hassle of not downloading pages but there's obviously a problem here!

Any advice please?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

So could the other laptops connect to the internet fine and not yours? Have you checked out the netgear's website for any firmware updates?

#3 JCCK

JCCK

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

Check the router's setting to see if they are similar to your previous router's. Don't know where you get your internet from but, AT&T makes me have the Modems settings on the router in order to make it work. And Like the doc said, get for updates, some other user's most likely experience the same problem and netgear hopefully fixed them

#4 ~Wiseman~

~Wiseman~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for your help guys. tried it all, I've now realised that when I connect a cable to my LTop, the internet connection remains connected... The problem is my wireless... it keeps disconnecting. I've decided to make a new wireless connection to my LTop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users