Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scratched Disc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whiteshoes

whiteshoes

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

hi all hope this is the right forum. sorry if its not but here goes one of my sons favourite films has got a big scratch in it so i have tried to make a back up copy so my son can continue to watch it but i have been using dvd shrink (as its an old cartoon series)and it keeps getting to 41% and then freezing i have tried cleaning the disc but have had no joy... i hope somebody might be able to suggest something as i dont want to go and buy it again
any suggestions welcome and appreciated
tia john

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

As for copying the disc, we can't help you with copying anything that is copyright protected as this is against the forum rules.

I have heard of some success with using car wax to buff the scratch out, but if it is too deep it won't help. Another solution would be to try something like the technique used in this article.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

A mild toothpaste has also been know to work. Rub from the center outwards, along the scratch, not in a circle
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Toothpaste Defiantly works I've used it on loads of PS2 disc's. If that fails take it to your local DVD rental outlet there sure to have a professional disk cleaner. All methods only work on the underside,if its on the top its lost. :thumbsup:

Edited by The weatherman, 26 July 2008 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users